Position: Certified Nursing Assistant
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
- Ensures quality and safe delivery of resident care.
- Participates in the interdisciplinary team meetings and reports observations and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Actively participates in the implementation of direct resident care in accordance with the care plan.
- Completes daily resident assignments efficiently.?
- Accountable for resident safety throughout their shift.
- Provides supervision of assigned residents and accountable for location of resident throughout shift.
- Ensures resident’s overall appearance reflects good personal hygiene and appropriate dress.
- Promotes age appropriate independence on ADLs.
- Ensures the residents living environment is neat, clean, and well-organized.
- Ensures optimal nutrition and hydration of the resident by assisting in feeding as per care plan.
- Accurately documents TPR, I & O, heights/weights and all important data as directed by unit routine.
- Promptly reports changes in resident status to staff nurse/nurse manager.
- Communicates resident’s status to staff nurse/nurse manager when reporting off unit for breaks and end of shift.
- Engages residents in age appropriate socialization/stimulation.
- Collaborates with therapeutic activity staff.
- Escorts residents to ACF/clinic appointments as assigned and is responsible for having clinic consult form filled out and returned.
- Accurately identifies resident/environmental /personal belongings.
- Reports all broken and malfunctioning equipment immediately to staff nurse/nurse manager.
- Maintains a clean, well-organized work environment.
- Initiates the admissions process by greeting the resident in the lobby, escorts to unit, orients to room and assist in vital signs, height, and weight.
Non- Essential Duties:
- Collaborates with environmental services to ensure adequate clean clothes are available.
- Accompanies patients on outside trips, and activities as needed with therapeutic activities staff/school.
- Actively seeks out opportunities to enhance present knowledge.
- Participates in unit based quality improvement activities.
- Assist Nurse or Doctor in procedures as needed
St. Mary’s recognizes ability and rewards excellence:
- Excellent individual/family benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- 403(b) retirement plan
- And much more!
St. Mary’s Healthcare System for Children is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Successful completion of 100 hours Nurses Aide Training Program.
- Certified Nurses Aide by State of NY.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
Previous experience required:
- One year experience in Medical Surgical / Pediatrics preferred.
St. Mary’s Healthcare System for Children is one of the nation’s premier providers of intensive rehabilitation and specialized care for children with special needs and life-limiting conditions. The largest pediatric post-acute care provider of its kind in the region, St. Mary’s treats 2,000 children each day through our hospital, Home Care and Community Programs in the five boroughs of New York City, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester and beyond. Following hospitalizations for complications from premature birth, illness and injury, or when special services are needed, children and their families come to St. Mary’s to receive exceptional care, learn to manage their condition, and achieve a better quality of life.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.