The comfort and dignity of every patient at St. Mary’s Healthcare System for Children is of the utmost importance to us. We strictly uphold the rights of every resident.
Residents have the right to:
- Dignity, respect and a comfortable living environment.
- Quality of care and treatment without discrimination.
- Freedom of choice to make your own independent decisions.
- Be informed in writing about services and fees.
- The safeguard of their property and money.
- Appeal a transfer or discharge with the New York State Department of Health.
- Privacy in communications.
- Choose your own schedule, activities and other preferences that are important to you.
- Receive visitors of your choosing at the time of your choosing.
- An easy-to-use and responsive complaint procedure.
- Be free from abuse including verbal, sexual, mental and physical abuse.
- Be free from restraints.
- Exercise all rights without fear of reprisal.
If, at any time, a patient or family member has concerns about the level of care and respect they’re receiving, they should immediately contact the patient’s social worker.
Have feedback or recommendations? Share them with our confidential family satisfaction survey.