Volunteer Services Temporarily Suspended
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are temporarily not accepting applications for volunteers. St. Mary’s is committed to protecting the health and well-being of our patients, families, staff and volunteers. Together, we are taking steps to minimize the spread of the viruses system wide and in the community. Please check back for updates. Thank you.
Volunteers come from a variety of backgrounds but they share the common desire to help others.
St. Mary’s Hospital for Children is very proud to have a group of extraordinary volunteers who generously give of their time, knowledge and skill by volunteering with and for our children. We hope you will decide to be a part of that dynamic group!
We are always looking for volunteers who are compassionate, enthusiastic and committed to making a difference in the lives of our children. If that describes you, this is an opportunity for you to use your unique talents and skills to help improve the quality of life for our children and families with special needs. We have volunteer assignments available seven days each week between 9:30am and 8:00pm.
When you volunteer, you will join a group that is an integral part of the St. Mary’s family. We will match your skills, interests and availability with volunteer positions in areas such as:
- Friendly Visiting on our patient care units
- Assisting in our Medical Day Health Care program
- Behind-the-scenes support including clerical opportunities
- Assist our Therapeutic Recreation staff with planned activities
- Pet Therapy – Is your pet a certified pet therapy animal?
- Not all areas may have openings at the time of your application.
- Job shadowing and clinical experience is not a function of the volunteer department.
- Please be aware that volunteering with us does not guarantee employment.
Visit our Volunteer Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Page.
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of St. Mary’s Kids?
Complete the inquiry form below and a member of our staff will get back to you with additional information.
Once your inquiry have been received and reviewed, St. Mary’s will contact eligible applicants when there is a need for new volunteers. Contacted applicants will be asked to grant permission for St. Mary’s to conduct a background check (if 18 and older).
Our way of saying Thank You!
Our volunteers are valuable to us! We offer the following benefits as a token of our appreciation:
- Free valet parking
- Discounted volunteer meal program
- Annual Volunteer Appreciation Event
- Free flu shot (in season)
- A volunteer uniform and ID badge to wear while volunteering
- Annual education workshops
- Reference letters and Confirmation of Volunteer Service letters
Have Questions? Contact us!
St. Mary’s Hospital for Children
29-01 216th Street
Bayside, New York 11360
Volunteer for a Special Event
Join an event committee and help raise funds and awareness at one of our signature events or promotions.
Organize Your Own Event
Name St. Mary’s Healthcare System for Children as the beneficiary, and we will provide:
- A letter to validate the event
- St. Mary’s logo (all usage must be approved in advance)
- St. Mary’s fact sheet
- An official St. Mary’s thank you letter for donors and participants
- Assistance publicizing your event
For more information hosting your own special event, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the development office at 718-281-8890.