Position: Applications Specialist II
REQ Number: MIS-17-00001
Formal education required:
Bachelors degree, Computer Science major required.
A+ or software certifications preferred.
Previous experience required:
3 – 5 years experience in M.I.S.
Working knowledge of Windows operating Systems required.
3-5 Years experience working with Microsoft Office Suites.
St. Mary’s is seeking a dynamic Applications Specialist II to analyze and solve computer problems, test and implement cost-effective solutions, and provide support for efficient daily operations. Maintains and supports all users and existing system applications. Supports the Hospital’s mission to provide the highest quality care for our patients by supporting the end user community and fellow employees.
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
- Provides technical support to the user community while performing help desk assignment.
- Answers the Help Desk Lines during scheduled hours.
- Answers all telephone inquiries in a professional and courteous manner.
- Properly logs in to Help Desk tracking system all calls received while performing Help Desk assignment.
- Works in conjunction with MIS management to identify and resolve system operating problems in order to provide continuous business operations.
- Discusses systems problems with managers and users to determine the exact nature of the issue being addressed.
- Tests systems and works with teammates to debug system as required to eliminate errors.
- Develops and maintains system program documentation as directed.
- Develops in house training criteria for the Hospital user community.
- Trains users in the proper usage of basic computer techniques.
- Trains users on all systems as required.
- Provides guidance and training to the user community when necessary.
- Solicits feedback from the user community on ways to improve customer service.
- Recognizes when an issue needs to be escalated to management for problem resolution or as a matter of established policy.
- Point person for application specific responsibilities as directed by management.
- Participates in MIS projects as assigned by management.
- Performs as a super user for multiple applications.
- Provides weekly on-call assistance as scheduled by management.
- Completes assigned tasks/projects from start to finish within provided parameters, effectively and clearly communicating with staff that made the request and management who assigned the task/project. Provides updates, asks questions when necessary; reaches out to vendors for support to complete the task/project.
- Other duties as assigned.
Join our fabulous team of professionals where we BELIEVE in POSSIBLE!
We recognize ability and reward excellence. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits:
- Excellent individual/family benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- 403(b) retirement plan
St. Mary’s Healthcare System for Children is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
St. Mary’s Healthcare System for Children is one of the nation’s premier providers of intensive rehabilitation and specialized care for children with special needs and life-limiting conditions. The largest pediatric post-acute care provider of its kind in the region, St. Mary’s treats 2,000 children each day through our hospital, Home Care and Community Programs in the five boroughs of New York City, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester and beyond. Following hospitalizations for complications from premature birth, illness and injury, or when special services are needed, children and their families come to St. Mary’s to receive exceptional care, learn to manage their condition, and achieve a better quality of life.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.