Position: Licensed Practical Nurses
Full-Time/Part-Time: Per Diem
Licensed Practical Nurses – Per Diem
St. Mary’s Community Care Professionals (CCP), Licensed Home Care Services Agency, a member of St. Mary’s Healthcare System for Children, is looking for dedicated per diem Licensed Practical Nurses to provide private duty nursing services to Agency clients in their homes, in accordance with the NYS Practice Act. The Licensed Practical Nurse provides nursing care and services to clients in their place of residence/facility in accordance with the agency’s policies and procedures and under the supervision of a Registered Professional Nurse. Supports Hospital’s mission to provide the highest quality care by complying with regulatory guidelines, meeting agency standards, and obtaining appropriate certification.
- Provides shift skilled nursing services to Agency clients, in accordance with the NYS Practice Act/LPN Scope of Practice.
- Implements medical orders and established plans of care.
- Follows agency policies and procedures.
- Obtains information from the client/family/nurses and physicians regarding complaints, status of illness, changes in care, change in home environment, problems obtaining services from other sources, problems with supplies and equipment, communicating to the DME, nursing supervisor, director or physician as appropriate.
- Performs medication review and accountability.
- Assists the physician and/or Registered Nurse in performing specialized procedures.
- Evaluates the appropriateness, cleanliness, and safety of durable medical equipment, supplies, and/or appliances.
- Assists the client in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
- Documents visit notes, log sheets, medication records, and/or progress notes, to reflect services/client activities/client plan of care, in accordance with NYS DOH and Agency guidelines.
- Obtains Verbal Interim Physicians Orders, when needed.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures.
- Participates in the agency’s CQI/PI program as requested
- Attends staff meetings. Participates as a member of committees, as requested.
St. Mary’s Healthcare System for Children is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- Diploma from an LPN School of Nursing
- Licensed and currently registered as a Practical Nurse in the State of New York.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within three (3) months of hire.
Previous experience required:
- Six months of acute pediatrics nursing experience preferred.
- Home care experience preferred.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 16 hours per week or 4 weekend shifts per month.
St. Mary’s Healthcare System for Children is one of the nation’s premier providers of intensive rehabilitation and specialized care for children with special needs and life-limiting conditions. The largest pediatric post-acute care provider of its kind in the region, St. Mary’s treats 2,000 children each day through our hospital, Home Care and Community Programs in the five boroughs of New York City, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester and beyond. Following hospitalizations for complications from premature birth, illness and injury, or when special services are needed, children and their families come to St. Mary’s to receive exceptional care, learn to manage their condition, and achieve a better quality of life.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.