St. Mary’s Kids at Roslyn is currently seeing a Psychologist who will be responsible for the initial psychological evaluation, functional behavioral analysis, and future follow up evaluations as requested. The qualified candidate will coordinate and complete Early Intervention, Preschool and/or School Age assessments and particpate in counseling and or group treatment sessions and support the clinic mission to provide the highest quality care by complying with regulatory guidelines, meeting agency standards, and obtaining/maintaining appropriate certification.
- Assess child’s needs for evaluation and treatment.
- Perform initial assessment of each child, with respective interviews to teachers, parents, school providers etc.
- Recommend services as appropriate and in accordance with NYS school regulations and NYSEI.
- Document all consultations within chart.
- Develop a treatment plan.
- Initiate, participate, and monitor in the plan for each child.
- Provide counseling sessions per mandates.
- Provide counseling services and or consultation to private/ insurance based children in clinic.
- Document sessions per mandates via approved format.
- Participate in treatment team meetings to include : CPSE/CSE meetings, child study team meetings, parent teacher conferences, etc.).
- Monitor student performance.
- Partner with families to ensure student outcomes.
- Partner with participating classroom teachers and staff to ensure complete transparency and efficacy for each plan developed.
- Participate in all transition planning services to include written recommendations.
- Communicate with other staff to ensure quality, coordinated, complete care for each child.
- Comply with all safety and confidentiality procedures to include safe and proper record keeping.
- Develop staff in-services upon request of the Director.
- Develop family and parent trainings as relevant to the specifics of case related challenges.
Formal education required:
- A licensed Psychologist in the state of New York, with a Doctorate in Psychology – background in the school system and behavior modification is strongly preferred.
Previous experience required:
- Minimum two-year’s experience in pediatric psychology.
St. Mary’s Healthcare System for Children is one of the nation’s premier providers of intensive rehabilitation and specialized care for children with special needs and life-limiting conditions. The largest pediatric post-acute care provider of its kind in the region, St. Mary’s treats 2,000 children each day through our hospital, Home Care and Community Programs in the five boroughs of New York City, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester and beyond. Following hospitalizations for complications from premature birth, illness and injury, or when special services are needed, children and their families come to St. Mary’s to receive exceptional care, learn to manage their condition, and achieve a better quality of life.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.