Position: Registered Nurse
Full-Time/Part-Time: Per Diem
Registered Nurse – Per Diem
St. Mary’s Community Care Professionals, Licensed Home Care Services Agency, a member of St. Mary’s Healthcare System for Children, is looking for dedicated per diem Registered Nurses to provide private duty nursing services to Agency clients in their homes, in accordance with the NYS Practice Act. The Registered Nurse is responsible to provide direct skilled nursing services to clients. Performs shift and private duty nursing services/visits. Responsible for the planning, coordination, provision, and evaluation of direct nursing services to clients and their families in accordance with professional practice act and agency policy. Supports Hospital’s mission to provide the highest quality care by complying with regulatory guidelines, meeting agency standards, and obtaining appropriate certification.
- Provides shift/per-visit skilled nursing services to agency clients, according to medical orders, policies and procedures, and in accordance with the NYS Practice Act/RN Scope of Practice.
- Provides assessment of newly referred clients, assesses health needs and eligibility for home care.
- Provides client and family teaching prior to discharge and on an on-going basis.
- Performs client assessments and re-assessments in the home.
- Communicates with referrers/discharge planners to review eligibility for agency services and to develop and coordinate the plan of care.
- Reassesses clients’ needs for services on a continual basis and discusses any changes in the plan of treatment with client physician/family.
- Performs medication review and accountability.
- Documents visit notes, log sheets, medication records, and/or progress notes, to reflect services/client activities/client plan of care, in accordance with NYS DOH and Agency guidelines.
- Prepares written documentation and summaries of the client’s progress as needed for continuation of home health services.
- Plans, facilitates, and documents client’s discharge from the LHCSA.
- Obtains information from the client/family/nurses and physicians regarding complaints, status of illness, changes in care, change in home environment, problems obtaining services from other sources, problems with supplies and equipment, communicating to the DME, nursing supervisor, director or physician as appropriate.
- Obtains Verbal Interim Physicians Orders, when needed.
- Performs other assignments within the RN Scope of Practice.
- Performs supervision of staff, as requested.
- Attends professional and required in-service programs annually.
- Participates in the agency CQI/PI Program, as requested.
- Attends staff meetings. Participates as a member of committees, as requested.
Join our fabulous team of professionals where we BELIEVE in POSSIBLE!
St. Mary’s Healthcare System for Children is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- Diploma or Degree in Nursing from an accredited institution.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of New York.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within three (3) months of hire.
Previous experience required:
- Six months acute pediatric nursing experience preferred
- Home care experience preferred.
St. Mary’s Healthcare System for Children is one of the nation’s premier providers of intensive rehabilitation and specialized care for children with special needs and life-limiting conditions. The largest pediatric post-acute care provider of its kind in the region, St. Mary’s treats 2,000 children each day through our hospital, Home Care and Community Programs in the five boroughs of New York City, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester and beyond. Following hospitalizations for complications from premature birth, illness and injury, or when special services are needed, children and their families come to St. Mary’s to receive exceptional care, learn to manage their condition, and achieve a better quality of life.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.