Position: Primary Care Nurse – Home Care
Full-Time/Part-Time: Per Diem
St. Mary’s is currently seeking a per diem Social Worker for their growing Certified Home Healthcare Agency, St. Mary’s Home Care. Upon orders of the physician, Social Worker identifies factors which influence a patient’s and/or family’s ability to respond to a medical therapy program. Through consultation and home visits, develops means to meet the goals of the plan of care. The Medical Social Worker is responsible for the coordination, delivery and documentation of Medical Social services.
Service Area: Queens
Formal education required:
- Licensed to practice in New York State as a Medical Social Worker.
- Two years of appropriate experience as a Medical Social Worker.
Previous experience required:
- Community/home health experience is preferred.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication and organization skills.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to and communicate with primarily the pediatric population.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
- Able to assess data reflecting the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs.
- Able to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Able to work as a member of a team.
- Able to support the concept of family-centered care.
St. Mary’s Healthcare System for Children is one of the nation’s premier providers of intensive rehabilitation and specialized care for children with special needs and life-limiting conditions. The largest pediatric post-acute care provider of its kind in the region, St. Mary’s treats 2,000 children each day through our hospital, Home Care and Community Programs in the five boroughs of New York City, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester and beyond. Following hospitalizations for complications from premature birth, illness and injury, or when special services are needed, children and their families come to St. Mary’s to receive exceptional care, learn to manage their condition, and achieve a better quality of life.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.