Position: Special Education Teacher – Roslyn
St. Mary’s is currently seeking a Special Education Teacher to join their early intervention team, located in Roslyn, New York. The qualified candidate is responsible for providing ABA treatment to the early intervention population. He/she is expected to meet the educational, social/emotional, linguistic, motor and ADL goals for each child, as stated in the IEP’s of the children in which they are assigned.
The teacher may also be responsible for the supervision of other team-members. He/she must comply with all written and regulatory expectations inherent in the position, and as required by our regulatory agencies including the Bureau of Day Care, and the NY State Department of Education.
- Delivering 1:1 ABA Instruction with best practice in ABA therapy
- Collecting and graphing daily data, implementing behavior intervention plans
- Following direction from supervisors
- Detailed notes about sessions and progress
- Upkeep of data/program books
- Other duties as requested
- Certified Special education teacher; BCBA is a +
- Strong writing skills and communication skills
- Works well in a team
- Strong organizational skills
- Can accept and respond to supervisors feedback
- Must have NYS certification in Students with Disabilities from Birth-2nd grade.
- 2+years ABA experience
- Competitive hourly rate
- BCBA Supervision
- On-going training and workshops
- Upward mobility
- NY State Certification as a Special Education Teacher (Birth to 2, preferred)
- Master’s Degree preferred, or currently enrolled.
- Experience with young children with developmental disabilities.
St. Mary’s Healthcare System for Children is one of the nation’s premier providers of intensive rehabilitation and specialized care for children with special needs and life-limiting conditions. The largest pediatric post-acute care provider of its kind in the region, St. Mary’s treats 2,000 children each day through our hospital, Home Care and Community Programs in the five boroughs of New York City, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester and beyond. Following hospitalizations for complications from premature birth, illness and injury, or when special services are needed, children and their families come to St. Mary’s to receive exceptional care, learn to manage their condition, and achieve a better quality of life.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.