St. Mary’s Kids at Roslyn provides ABA Therapy, Behavioral and Transition services to children in their homes.
Working closely with you, our expert staff will evaluate your child’s individual needs, then design and implement an effective, research-based treatment plan using the latest in therapeutic techniques to enhance your child’s function and development.
Offering In Home ABA Therapy
What is ABA Therapy?
“ABA” stands for Applied Behavior Analysis. ABA is a set of principles that form the basis for many behavioral treatments. ABA is based on the science of learning and behavior. ABA therapy is used to increase language and communication skills. It is also used to improve attention, focus, social skills, memory, and academics. ABA can be used to help decrease problem behaviors.
ABA is considered an evidence-based “best” practice treatment by the US Surgeon General and by the American Psychological Association. “Evidence based” means that ABA has passed scientific tests of its usefulness, quality, and effectiveness.
What are the benefits of ABA Therapy Services for my child?
- Teaches skills to replace problem behaviors
- Increases positive behavior and reduces interfering behavior
- Increases your child’s academic, social, and self-help skills
- Improves ability to focus on tasks, comply with tasks, and increase motivation to perform
- Aims to improve cognitive skills
- Helps your child be more available for learning
- Teaches social skills
- Provides independent living skills
- Helps parents and teachers
- Increases life satisfaction
- Scientifically proven
Read more about the benefits of ABA Therapy.
How Can St. Mary’s Kids ABA Benefit My Child?
Our expert staff will evaluate your child’s individual needs, design and implement an effective, research-based treatment plan. Cutting-edge therapeutic techniques offer treatment options that can enhance your child’s function and development.
- ABA Home Based Therapy
- ADOS/A-BLLS/VB-MAPP Assessments
- Functional Behavior Assessments (FBA) and Behavior Intervention Plans (BIP)
- Parent / Staff Training
- BCBA/ABA Therapy
- Transitional Planning and Preparation
- Social Skills Programs
Homebased ABA Therapy Services Includes:
- 1:1 programming implemented by a Registered Behavior Technician/Para- Professional
- Clinical Supervision provided by a Licensed Behavior Analyst
- Detailed Initial Assessment of Child’s Skills
- Treatment goals that are developed with the family
- Parent training so family can support and utilize intervention
Is My Child Eligible for Services?
Most Insurances are Accepted, including:
- Empire BCBS
- United Healthcare
- Emblem Health
We also accept other insurances. Call us at 516-621-2681 with questions.
We provide services in Nassau, Suffolk and Queens.