Advances in medicine and technology have enabled children and young adults with chronic conditions and medical complexity to live longer, more fulfilling and productive lives than ever before.
St. Mary’s recognizes the enormous day to day challenges of chronic conditions and medical complexity. We understand that in addition to families having to learn how to care for their loved one they also need to figure out how to access services, navigate multiple complex systems, and find support.
St. Mary’s Care Coordination Services assists families with finding the best supports to achieve quality of life at home and in the community.
Skilled care coordinators will assist families with meeting the medical, social, developmental, educational and financial needs of your child or young adult with a chronic condition and/or medical complexity.
Optimal Care Coordination results in:
- Greater access to community services and resources
- Greater capacity to navigate systems
- Knowledge to achieve and maintain quality of life
- Improved skills for patient/family advocacy and empowerment
St. Mary’s Skilled Care Coordinators assist eligible individuals and their families with:
- Access to community supports and services
- Private Duty Nursing
- Home Health Aides
- Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program (CDPAP)
- Educational Services
- Home and Vehicle Modifications
- Family Support
- Office of People with Developmental Disabilities
St. Mary’s Care Coordination Services are provided through the following programs:
- Pediatric Health Homes
- NYS Care At Home Program
- Medicaid Service Coordination
Each program has specific eligibility criteria.